Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Post About Ethics.

Oh HELLO welcome to another extremely rare post in my blog! Haha. But tbh today I am going to write something not really fun(idek if all my other posts are considered 'fun' but yea) but nevertheless serious.

Well you might be wondering what actually triggered the thought of wanting to write something like this, well when I finished taking a shower I decided to wash some dishes and I kinda saw some trash (regardless the size, small or large) inside the sink. OK GIVE ME A SECOND, WHY WOULD PEOPLE DO THAT? Who the hell throws/put trash inside the sink? I mean what is so hard about moving the trash - into the trashcan?????????!!!!!!!

Ok I was born and raised in a well-mannered and ethical (yes I really do think so) family, and also due to my weird characteristics that make me human, some people's doings tend to piss me off, honestly. I mean even the small ones (eg the trash inside the sink). IDK I kinda thank god I was born in the family I was born you know, and my mum always remind me about these ethics and she would always say something along the lines of "they're important so that when you grow up, your bad attitude tu tak terbawa-bawa when you're in school or in uni or even when you're married" and looking back at it now(although I'm in uni je pun baru) I realised SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. I mean the reason people who do stuffs that are unethical are due to the fact that they're weren't educated of them. I mean I was REALLY educated to the part that it's not even appropriate to do when I'm like a teen; okay there's an age gap between me and my 3rd sister, which is around 14 years if I'm not mistaken. So basically when I was small (around kindergarten or standard one, when I shake hands with my cousins (which are around the age of my sisters and brother) I had to like kiss their hands(okay note: I don't mean it in a literal hand-kissing way, but you know, the malays' 'salam cium tangan' kind of way where you could just even bump the tip of your nose to the person's hand OK LA YOU GET WHAT I MEAN) so like when I was in form four or form five, I still do that thing, where I salam cium tangan my cousin and then one time my cousin pulled his hand ever so quickly and said "eh azz dah besar kot takperlu la cium tangan" and that was the exact moment I realised 'holy hell this guy is right" and that was when I stopped doing that. WHEN I WAS 16-17 YEARS OLD. God. Embarrassing gak ah kot???

Sometimes I kinda think the posts I type are more focused to my family and friends, I mean like kalau a stranger who suddenly stumbled across my blog and read this they'd probably be weird out but if my mum were to say, read this she's probably laugh and think to herself "oh ya I remember this and it was funny" or not, meh.

SO here's where I come in, I think I've gone far from my point. But I'm going to make a u-turn and get back to it. Here are some ethics that are small but I think are important to me:
  • NEVER, and I mean NEVER, put trash inside the sink where you brush your teeth or wash the dishes, make sure to empty the plates (by throwing the sisa makanan or etc into the dustbin first before putting it in the sink for you to wash[either immediately or later])
  • put the things you took back where you found them
  • take out the trash to avoid unwanted smells
  • wash your own plates DIRECTLY after eating, only postpone if you have to. DONT LET THE SINK OVERFLOW WITH DIRTY DISHES they r effing gross
  • ask permissions when you're about to take someone's stuff
  • ask permissions when you're about to take someone's food
  • ask permissions!!!!!
  • AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: BE THE ONE WHO DOES IT. Don't wait for people to ask you to do chores, do it WITHOUT BEING ASKED FOR. Honestly guys, has it really come to the point where if YOU don't take out the trash, maka berlambaklah trash tu dkt that specific place? TAKE CHARGE PEOPLE. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE WHO WILL DO THINGS WITHOUT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN AND WITHOUT BEING ASKED. Start small, in your room, in your house, in your office etc etc. Please, help make the world a better place. I beg you.
I don't know if there are other things that pisses me off so I'll just leave it here like this and I'll update it when anything comes up in my mind okay.

also, in another topic, here are some albums that I'm currently listening and enjoying:
TRXYE - Troye Sivan
1989 - Taylor Swift
Midnight Memories - 1D
5 Seconds Of Summer (self titled album)

so uh that's it for now, I'll update some more when I know what to write haha

l8r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Being an avid reader of your blog,hehe, this is definitely one of my fave posts ! :) I totally agree with you on how one should know all these things and it really is important for them to apply it in their daily lives. So, did u confront your house mate or whoever that person is? Anyways, can't wait for your next post :)

tk said...

@Anonymous oh hello! wow thank you for reading my blog, i'm honoured :} well, actually, in a way, i have, really. Lots of times tbh, but not the kind of confrontation where you go straight ahead and yell people to do stuff according to how you want them to, my way would be to like slip it in a way that's not all too subtle to the point that if you dont get what im trying to say then that's it, there's nothing i could do. but that's the thing about people, sometimes they listen and sometimes they don't and i am just so tired to the point that ok i've done my job i told you what to do if you dont want to do it then i seriously have no other way. but who knows, maybe they'll see the light in a different way la kot, who knows kan how kesedaran someone to datang. wow this is a really long reply haha