Tuesday, April 19, 2016

PS #2: No MatterThe Wreckage


OK so i'd like to sincerely apologize for the hiatus on my Poetry Semester tag. I was(still am) busy with uni stuff and I had to like steal some time to read. SO HERE GOES

No Matter The Wreckage, by Sarah Kay. 

It's a pretty thick(kinda) for a poetry book I guess, lots of poems. And I enjoyed it. It's a little heavy but you learn to love her writings. It's full of metaphors, which is really great. And she quoted Richard Siken(my fav poet) so yes gurl more kudos for u. This book is divided into 9 parts, most of them are very nice and there was this one part where she focused more on the sad stuff, it's kinda obvious imo. She likes writing about her brother and I think that's very sweet! And I stumbled across a video of her in Facebook, where she recited one of her poems, entitled B(which was also written in this book??) and I LOVED IT. I never knew listening to people reading poems could be so interesting. I'd recommend it, it's not that heavy but I guess it takes time to really understand. Give it a try!

Rating: 7/10

oh p/s: credit goes to kak zafira zafrin bcs she recommended the book to Syaq(but I snooped and decided I wanted to read it anyway haha)

________

ok, so im gonna go on a poetry reading hiatus for a while, I wanna read the final series of SPUD. Idt it'll take THAT long but yeh just putting it out there. sooo see ya!

No comments: