
Alright, here’s how my first TSRQC review goes:
The Great Gatsby, in
my opinion, is a good book, I have been told that this book was written
in the Jazz age, so basically the writing style is kinda different from what we
have nowadays. And I never watched the movie before so I have no idea how the story
went, right until I read the book. This book is kinda like a romance, tapi unrequited love sikit(?) haha. So, I think the story line is okay, just
that it’s very descriptive, macam the story tak panjang pun tapi bc of the
descriptive features buatkan dia mcm kinda lengthy and somewhat slow. Kalau nak
based on grammar, I’d say it’s a pretty high-class book bc honestly the grammar
here is way out of my league tho. I had to like use the dictionary for so
many times sbb I have no idea what the words mean, but it’s okay sbb it kinda
improves your grammar kan, knowing new words and all, most books don’t have
this kind of quality. And I kinda binge-read near the end so I kinda lost for a
while. So all in all, if you like descriptive reading, and would like to know
how the Jazz Age is like, then this book is for you. Book Rating: 5/10. Oh btw,
I also placed the words that I had trouble with to understand, just incase you’re
wondering. And if you must know, there are footnotes in this book, so try looking for the versions that have the footnotes at the end of the page rather than all the footnotes collected at the end of the book. I really dislike footnotes at the end of a book, they make it hard to enjoy my read
So there goes my first review from the challenge, stay tuned for more!

No comments:
Post a Comment