Monday, September 22, 2014

TSRQC #11: Looking For Alaska


Hi guys, so this is my final book for TSRQC (actually there's another one but it's a poetry book and I decided to keep it to myself heh) and bcs I'm pretty sure summer already ended so I guess I should end this list too. Okay then let's get down to business!

To be honest, I am a fan of John Green, ever since TFIOS and Will Grayson Will Grayson. And what I like about his writings is that he writes really good quotes. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities" "if people were rain I was drizzle and she was a hurricane" etc etc. Next, every book is different, like An Abundance of Katherines, this main character likes facts, in TFIOS, Augustus used a cigarette as a metaphore, and in Looking For Alaska, the main character likes last words, as in words said before someone dies, and I find it very interesting, bcs eventhough it's to be expected that each book is the same(they have something to offer) but the same thing they offered is different, I just hope you catch my drift here haha. And there's always sarcasm in them, Isaac, will grayson, Miles or The Colonel, and their wittiness is just, like they keep me alive ah hahaha. 

And despite the fact that it's more focused to teenage romance(albeit ada jugak more to fantasizing about romance) this book also ada humor parts in it, and I find myself laughing to it, pretty hard. And I really like how everything falls into place and the ending concludes the whole story. I don't want to be a spoiler through book reviewing so I'll let you read it to experience it yourself :) 
AND OMHYGOD underage readers I don't think this is suitable for you guys, yet tho hahaha
Rating: 9.5/10

Oh, and leave comments tho, about what you think, about this book, about other books I reviewed, and about TSRQC, should I continue it next year, should I not? I kinda think it'd be cool if we have some interaction between one another. So yea, that's pretty much what I want to write about. Thank you for your time to read the reviews and all, maybe they were helpful maybe they were not but I did my best. So idk what I'd write about dah lepasni bcs I finished all the books haha oh well, we'll see what future brings.

Later!

No comments: