It's a mystery/fantasy genre. And the time setting is kinda old, where women would wear huge dresses and do curtsies, and the story is set in Amsterdam, I had never been there so my imagination was quite limited when reading this book.
Um, from the beginning, the book has it's own unique way of gripping your attention, a lot of twists yang shocking and mcm ergh I must keep reading, but idk if it's just me and my taste and my short attention-span, but by the time I reached like halfway of the book, I just sorta read it just so I could finish it and get to my next book. I mean the gripping stuffs — they're great but maybe it's just a little too heavy for me. They use quite amount of foreign language in it and the vocab is pretty complicated, but the story line is great. The ending — I find it a little off but it's kinda good la. Ada a few unsettling things about the book yang I wanted to learn more about but the writer didn't finish it. Maybe it's just not my type kot? And I feel like the author is trying to send a message to all the females out there, whatever it is I could not grasp it well. But I like the character development of the main. And I find it certain parts very graphic, and it kinda make me toss and turn on the inside, so kudos for that! Also, the book tells us more about the real world, in a not so real kinda way I guess. Like about the true colours of people and etc etc. So, yeah.
Rating: 6/10
Ok later guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment