Friday, February 27, 2015

WHB #2: Lullabies


Heyya, missed me? no? ok.

So here's my second book review for the WHB, Lullabies by Lang Leav. This is a poetry book, and it's Leav's second book!! If you're interested in reading my review for her first book, click here!

So since the last time I did Leav's book review, I've been reading more poetry books lately, so I have slightly wider knowledge about poetry I guess?? And I am still very impressed at how short but deep some of her writings are in this book! But now there are more longer ones(that I enjoy more) so that's a plus! The thing about Leav is that her writings, are easier to interpret, so people of all ages, or of all literary capabilities, can relate. I mean I've read Andrea Gibson's and her writings are poetic but a tiny bit complicated to interpret and Allan Peterson's A LOT harder to understand(but I'm pretty sure that's the reason they're called poetry though, so that only the writer understands it wholly and the readers can only do much as to relate), but Lang Leav's? Well her writings cut you deep and quick, you read and BOOM you felt it. And the book gets progressively deeper and sadder as you get to the end and tbh I LOVE IT. And hey, this book has way more pages than her first one so more stuff to read and I think for almost the same price so berbaloi la(although it's still a bit pricey but I guess the bar was set when she started selling L&A).

I'd 10/10 say this book is better than the first one. I don't remember much from the first book but I think it's better if you read the first one first, and then this one. If you're into poetry, or just starting to learn about poetry, or not(whatever) then this book is for you, though I still think you should read L&A dulu bcs mcm I feel like it'll be more complete that way.

Rating: 9/10. You should def go buy it, i'd probably read it a few more times before getting to the next book.

Talking about the next book, I will probably be in a short hiatus, because I'm kinda sick now and I have like tons of work to be done and I need to catch up on my writing. But it won't be as long as a month la, who knows maybe I'll start reading again in two or three more days if I'm up to it haha.

So, til then!

No comments: