Thursday, November 19, 2015

PS #1: Memories



hi guys! sorry for the long hiatus. i was really busy with class and works and stuff i barely got time to read. LOOKS LIKE ITS THE FIRST EVER #POETRYSEMESTER BOOK REVIEW R U EXCITED!!!! anyway i did managed to finish Lang Leav's third book: Memories a few minutes ago, i actually finished reading the first part of the book but like hear me out before you get mad at me for writing my review before actually finishing the book. this book has two parts, the first part are poetry writings she made specially for this book, meaning they're all newly written and published. the second part of the book is just a compilation of her favourite writings from L&M and Lullabies (you can read my reviews for both books here & here)(lmao look @ me plugging the hell out for myself) so I guess I should just focus on the first part bcs I've already written reviews for the old books. ok let's move on.

I like this book, because she writes more heartfelt writings rather than the regular-rhyming poems, I like them both but I honestly like the longer ones better so this book did the job! I kinda think her writings are a bit heavier in this book but I still enjoyed it, it took me some time to finish but its still worth the read. 

the second I got into her second part of the book where I just skimmed through, I'm amazed at how far she's come, like how much she has matured in her writings. tbh when she wrote her rhyming poems it was ok but her longer heartfelt writings kinda hits you more in the feels, despite the fact that they dont rhyme and stuff. and imo if you never got the chance to read L&M and Lullabies, just buy this book instead and just read the second part first. I kinda feel like although you may miss a few poems from L&M and Lullabies, you'd still get more from this book then the other two at a waaay cheaper price. and not to mention hardcover doe???? ok imma go to sleep now and i'll reread a the first part again soon to reupdate some more on this ok

____ after skimming through the first part again____

ok so we agree that her writings are more matured but I guess the sting is lesser than before(or that could be bcs of me and my interpretation)(this is kinda confusing bcs above ive written that longer writings sting more, but those heartfelt writings are from L&M and Lullabies so) but i did read back some of my favourites and they're really good and I feel like they're the best out of the three books. anyway, yea you should buy it, don't bother buying the other two :> (but no actually support this poet she wants to make a living too[although im pretty sure she's rly rich now]).

rating: 7.5/10

thats all gtgbye





No comments: