Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mak dan Ayah :)



I would like to dedicate this long post to my parents, Tuan Hj Mohamad Kamil bin Harun dan Pn Hjh Halimaton Saadiah bte Hj Sulaiman. I don't know if you'll be reading this but I'm still going to write it and in hopes of touching your hearts and making you miss me more.

Adik minta maaf sebab selalu buat mak ayah marah. Selalu sangat. Lambat jawab panggilan, lambat turun makan, lambat siram pokok bunga, lambat bangun pagi, lambat masuk kain dalam machine semua lah.

Upon furthering my studies, I will going to be missing a lot of things, my friends, nephews and nieces.
But most of all, I would miss all the small things you do.
Ayah's throat-clearing noise he makes everytime he's nervous when he drives, macam nak memotong, keluar dari parking ke apa.
Mum's cooking. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF EM. Down to the simplest of Bubur Nasi.
Mum's stories about my other siblings when they were young, about her siblings, about her life and dad's life when you were younger, how Along always gets the blame everything Angah and Alang fought. How Angah was always the hothead. How Alang slept in her school uniform the minute she arrived home from school. How Alang struggled for her SPM. How the three siblings did their homework dkt balcony and mum would write on the whiteboard. How Alang's friends adore me and bought me teddy bears. 

And then there were stories about your pasts, mum and ayah!
How when mak and ayah were younger it was Mum who made the first move on ayah but asking "Haiii tengah masak ke?" How mum was excellent in school. How mum was the penolong ketua pengawas and mum's boyfriend was the ketua pengawas. How thin mum was masa sekolah. How long mum's hair was. How sexy mum was when mum and atuk lived in Singapore and how Uwan would cubit mak on the peha and mum would put bandage on the marks and said that she fell. How dad really love Broery Marantika, and how I remembered the lyrics to Biarlah Bulan Bicara because I always hear him sing it. How dad walked all the way to St Paul from home. How dad never took accounts during school but ended up being a Bank Manager. How everyone dislike our family because we were poor once.

And stuffs about me you always tell. How my hair was really REALLY curly when I was oh so small and turned out ikal mayang as I grew up.  How during the first days of my kindergarten mum would stay in class until I got lelan and then only she went home and how she would be in a rush to pick me up from kindergarten eventhough it was in the same taman and to one part, ada this children said that she saw mum taking off her apron to go and fetch me and they said " Ha tu tgk chef tu nak jemput anak dkt tadika". How mum told me the moment I wore my first spectacles that I finally 'see' everything in detail, that I would go to the wall and look at the ants and exclaimed them aloud and how it brought her to tears cause she wondered what I've been seeing this whole time. How during my first tonsil operation when mum and dad got into the ward and I started vomiting blood and the nurses weren't there and mum and dad kept calling them and mum used the cadar to wipe my blood. How dad bought me ice cream for cooling my throat after the surgery and bought me Pikachu toys I wanted so bad. How dad sent me to school everyday (sent, and he taught me to go home by bus). How one day in sekolah rendah when I got into the bus and mum followed me and said and general "Acik tahu kalau anak makcik naik, ada tempat kosong dia duduk tempat tu!". How peramah I was with all of dad's chinese friends yang cium tangan and all. How when I was already in kindergarten and I hide my milk bottle under a pillow at the cushion and a neighbor found it. How dad trusts me with duit belanja sekolah, how observant you guys were when you trusted me. How mum knows all my specialties. How dad always buy me souvenirs when he's on a holiday trip. How mum would ask me to take out my Iqra and sit at the table and she would listen as I read and rotan me when I made mistakes. How mum told me that the night before I khatam-ed Al-Quran, Along came to her and cried, and told her that I told Along that I'm really glad that I'm going to khatam tmrw so that I won't get rotan anymore after this. How you told me that when I came back from mengaji and you asked if ustazah rotan me and I would deny, and you knew how strong I was and how quiet I was. How you knew that eventhough people do bad things to me I would still be quiet and would not report anything to you. How mum knows I would be like when I'm around friends. How mum  knows when I merajuk. How mum and dad knows how hard I work. How dad always buy me toys (which are now recycled and used by my nephews and nieces), how mum rarely buys me toys, but always buy me things I need. How mum bought me a new wallet when I drove her to Pasar Tani and teman her tengok tudung. How I always teman mak everywhere tengok baju and tudung like no other son would. Seriously, I have never seen any other boy that would accompany their mom, looking for tudung and all.

Looking back, I had gone through a lot, growing up and I thank mak and ayah for everything. EVERY SINGLE THING. From the moment I opened my eyes into this world until I am here now, typing this. I owe everything to you, mak and ayah. My last wish would be your never ending prayers for me, for my success in studies, and so that I won't forget my roots and not to forget my responsibilities and a muslim.

Sadly the so-called long post have to end here. And the time I would publish this is probably going to be 10:30 pm tonight, after you leave me at KLIA and after we bid our goodbais, or probably later than that, we'll see. So anyways, that's just it I guess, so I would like to say, 

See you later mak ayah, I love you!

p/s: to my other siblings, sorry I didn't find the time to write post(s) about you guys, but no matter, you guys mean a lot to me as much :) 

See you again, Malaysia!

3 comments:

emcayh said...

You are rite my son..frankly speaking my tears really
Flow when i read your posting. Before that i felt like some foreign object in my right eye but after the free flow of tears until i finish reading your blog the object was completely washed out. I was cryin in my heart since the kenduri nite when the power supply
Short circuited and when jug containing the Yasiin water fell down and broke and kept wondering what going yo happen next. That's why i waited anxiosly for your update on the whatsapp.
Now that you have arrived there safely pls do get in touch with us whenerver there's an opportunity.
As mentioned i alway buy u n other siblings gifts n toys coz i belief in making u happy and to proof that you all are always in my heart hoping that when me and mum are very old you all will also do the same
Thanks to ALLAH S.W.T. we have seen your along, angah, alang n uave showed yr caring n concern towards us and we pray to ALLAH that we live long enough to cherish the sweet moments of your success.
Meanwhile pls study hard and smart so that your childhood ambition going abroad to study is turnef into reality and six years from nowyou are back in Msia with certificate of excellence. I know and i trust that can do it. P..l...e...a..s..e... Dont let us down.
Last but not least, you and rest if the siblings are alwsys in our prayers.

Wassalamm...

Noreilhan Norfazly said...

I like every single details of our true life story been mentioned in every single line...they have done superb in raising u...raising us. Do make us proud -- a l o n g --

Noreilhan Norfazly said...

I like every single details mentioned in this post..a flashback of what we hv gone thru so far..they r superb in raising each n everyone of us. Do make them proud n always hold ur ground --along--