Monday, July 8, 2013

Moscow's Nocturnality.


Firstly, let me just state that nocturnality in this case does not refer to something like Moscow is active at night and inactive during the day. I could just point out that Moscow is active both day and night but I'm just gonna write about the night part for today, since my first ever class trip happens to be around Moscow city from 10pm to 1am.

We started off by gathering infront of our apartment building at 10pm, and after around 15 minutes of waiting and being told what we were supposed to do and whatnot, we board the bus and head to the citayyyy!

And to make things lightly easier for my dear beloved readers (ehe) I will arrange the photos accordingly to the text regarding the photos. And for the first time ever, enjoy some recorded videos, too! HEHEHE. So here we go!







First stop, is the Love Bridge, or in Russian, Мост Любви. What's unique about this bridge is (aside from the fact that there are these group of women wearing red dress and heavily drunk and screaming with joy) there are these man-made trees, where lovers, usually husband and wife couples, would put a lock, with their names on it, and throw away the key into the lake where the bridge crosses.






Not far from the bridge, a park is located and somewhere inside this park in Bolotnaya Square, a group of sculptures were erected, which are mainly fourteen sculptures, and from this fourteen sculptures, twelve of them are symbols of adult vices. These vices include indifference, prostitution, theft, alcoholism, drug addiction, sadism, ignorance, pseudoscience, war, poverty, advocating violence and exploitation of child labor. And the thirteenth and fourteenth sculptures are statues of two children, a boy and a girl. Chemiakin (the sculptor), stated that "[The sculpture] ... was conceived and carried out by me as a symbol and a call to fight for the salvation of present and future generations."

On a different note, "Vice is a practice or a behavior or habit generally considered immoral, depraved, or degrading in the associated society." - Wikipedia.







Next we went to МГУ, or Московский государственный университет, or we could just go with Moscow State University lewls. Well no, we didn't actually went there, we went to a, well. Hmmmm how do I state this, it's kinda like somewhere not far from the University, kinda like a sideroad punya place, but it's kinda wide, and they have this Motorcycle Festival. And one of the russian student who tagged along during our trip said that they have this kinda thing EVERY WEEK. Well not exactly Motorcycle Festival la I'm sure they vary every week kot. But it was loud. Frrrrrreaking loud. But the motorcycles were epic. Tho I myself am not a fan of hot and awesome motorcycles or whatever, I was sure thrown aback by what I saw. And yes you could see bright lights from lots of building in the city during the night, which makes it so pretty.










And our last stop was the Poklonnaya Hill, which is a square, dedicated for a war memorial place for the World War II, for when Napoleon trampled over the Russians, if I'm not mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. So anyway it's basically this hugeeeee square with a sculpture of St George slaying a dragon (tho I think it looks more like a basilisk but whatevs) and behind St George stood a pillar, or an obelisk, with a height of 141.8 meters, with 10cm per day during the war. And on the obelisk, stood Nike, the goddess of victory.

Aaaaand that concludes our tour. Here are some other fun photos for you to enjoy which are non much related to texts I've written.





Some drunk ladies in red. Aha! 





p/s; yes I am aware that I am not really all that pro at night photography, yep still trying to figure that out, so in the mean time just bear with alright people.
pp/s; Since we students who are living here are going to start fasting tomorrow, I would like to beg forgiveness to everyone for my wrongdoings and may your ramadhan be better than all the other ramadhans.
ppp/s; I really did, honestly did some research on russian myth and whatnot before I finish writing this post, about the 12 vices and Nike and St George and the basilisk and all that, and I had fun reading them mythologies.
pppp/s; Related to the videos, sorry it's bad in quality, I had to shrink it since Bl*gger only allows around 100Mb, but next time I'll add a higher quality alright, promise!

Alright alright, I'll stop here. Later!

2 comments:

Fatin Najwa said...

Yang red dress ladies tu memang ada ke camne cita dia. Ke baru balik party ke sedih sebab forever alone ke

tk said...

@Fatin Najwa: memang ada? tak lah just our luck la kot? maybe laaa dorg get drunk to celebrate singleness ke apa en aku pun taktahu haha