Hi, well it's winter here already and I just started my second semester!!!!! Hurrah hurrah (not really). Well all I could say is that the class schedule is not as tight as last semester's, well except for Thursday's, but the downside of this sem is that I have these all new subjects to learn and the lecturers are all more badass-er that last sem's. I mean this time the speak way faster even the russians could completely grasp what the lecturers said, and that says a lot.
Well let me tell you about my two weeks of winter holiday. NO WAIT, let me tell you about my FRIENDS' holiday, some of em went to UK, Greece, Istanbul, some even went back to Malaysia and guess where I went? Nowhere. Yep, nowhere. Well to put it in a way it is my fault, cause I was the one against the idea of travelling during my first winter break due to my economy problem *cough* I mean tah la, I spend so much money on food products idkwhy.
As much as the hours contained in the period of two weeks, I did not do much with my time, I sleep a lot, yeah, A LOT. Tapi bila start kelas tak cukup tidur gak so macam did i just neutralised the naps I made during the winter or something. Since I won't be telling you about where I went or what outdoor activities I did, I'm just gonna ramble on some stuff that may or may not interest you but hey I haven't updated in so long so why not kan.
First is about this game I played, well actually I re-played it. Final Fantasy VIII. I know I know, I've finished this game like after my SPM but then I decided to play it again, for the sake of walking down memory lane, and boredom... Let's make something clear about this game, it has very low graphics quality, well obviously but this game was famous in like 2002 kot that was when I started playing, well my Alang started playing, and I just kinda continued her legacy. And the game really took part in my life, I remember when me and my cousins from KL were still close, that we would play together and stuff, we would roleplay the game, me being Squall, boy being Zell, Abg Erique being Seifer and Girl being either Selphie or Rinoa and I would use mum's rattan as my gunblade and do the Renzokuken thingy and yes it's childish BUT WE WERE LIKE 8-9 WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. We weren't like nowadays punya 8/9 year olds yg main iPhone and whatnot *burn* so yeah the game pretty much means a lot to me. And I kinda recorded a 30-mins length video of my party beating this monster called Omega Weapon (simply said the strongest monster in the game) and I would like to dedicate it to Alang, tho I'm pretty sure she would just watch the vid for like 5 mins and just skip to the final blow near the ending but yea I don't mind I know you have a life and you're always busy haha.
Next up, also a walk down memory lane to cherish my childhood, I DL-ed and watched Malcolm in the Middle, every single episode of every single season. And the final episode almost made me tear up tho. I mean the whole family had gone through so much and Malcolm and Dewey are such blessings and all the ups and downs in life and how life is unfair and all those other morale values. I simply enjoy watching it. I had fun. And my favourite scene is in the final episode of the final season, and it goes like this:
*SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO WATCH MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE IN THE FUTURE*
Malcolm: Did it ever occur to you that I could have taken this job, gotten really rich and bought my way into being President?!
Lois: Of course it did. We decided against it.
Malcolm: WHAT?!
Lois: Because then you wouldn't be a good President. You wouldn't have suffered enough.
Malcolm: I've been suffering all my life!
Lois: I'm sorry, but it's not enough. You know what it's like to be poor and you know what it's like to work hard. Now you're going to learn what it's like to sweep floors and bust your ass and accomplish twice as much as all the kids around you. And it won't mean anything because they will still look down on you, and you will want so much for them to like you and they just won't. And that'll break your heart, and that'll make your heart bigger and open your eyes, and finally you will realize that there's more to life than proving you're the smartest person in the world! I'm sorry, Malcolm, but you don't get the easy path. You don't get to just have fun and be rich and live the life of luxury.
Well that's that. I'd highly recommend you to watch it if you have time in your hands. Okay I'll update more later.
So, later!

No comments:
Post a Comment