Hi again. Yeah so again, this is my second post for the day, kinda like when I did 2nd and 3rd TSRQCs lol. And like I promised you in my last post, the next book(this book) is not from the list that I made, thus the '(extra)' in the title. So er yea.
Ok first thing first I'm really kinda scared looking at the cover of the page sbb tbh I never realised it could be that creepy sbb earlier I looked at it I only saw something black and greyish kinda design and not an actual face of a girl haha. She does look kind of scary. Ok onward to the book review.
This is a book by PleaseFindThis, which is a pseudonym(if you don't know) and it's a poetry book. I know I just really started to get into poetry books, this is literally my second book (first was Love & Misadventure) and I have to say that this is one heavy read. I mean Lang Leav puts her words nicely and rhymes sometimes but this guy doesn't. And it's not wrong, actually. Poetry doesn't have to rhyme, the rhyming thing is just like a plus je. So as I was saying, his writings are WAY too deep for me to handle. I mean some of his poems hit me good, but some of them just kinda didn't. If you're like starting to get to know poetry writings then I'd recommend you not to read this YET. Maybe hit some more poetry books dulu, like for a year or so then baru come back to this book (which is what I will be doing, after a year of poetry-writing readings). Oh and every writing has a picture placed beside/above/below it but the photos make little sense. But when I think about it again, the poet did say the we may not understand what he wrote kan bc it's written only for her, and that some of his writings MAY BE of relation to us one way or another but not you know, wholly and stuff. Although I did saw a version of this book without the pictures, which costs cheaper la ofcourse. And he rarely writes long poems, I don't want to like bandingkan with Leav's book ke apa but tahlah bc it's my second book so I can't really tetapkan the characteristics of a poetry book. If you're hoping for a hopeless-romantic kind of read then I'm sorry but maybe you should try some other time(?) haha.
But yea all in all it was a normal read, hit me good few times but that's just that. Honestly I kinda hoped for more. But idk I'll get back to this book on 20th July 2015 (insyaAllah kalau dikurniakan panjang umur and kalau the world still exists by that time bc honestly it seems like the world is really in a bad shape now I'm kinda terrified of it).
Rating: 5/10
And again, I shall post this the day after, during the day sbb it's 3 am now and there's probably nobody online at the moment so why bother. ok then (i lied i published it after i sahur-ed lol what is life)
one more hour til sahur(for me and my family) so l8r

No comments:
Post a Comment