Friday, July 25, 2014

TSRQC #6: The Lover's Dictionary


Hi there! First thing first, the black pen in the photo played a huge part so that I could enjoy this read. So let's go!

Okay, now the title says it all tbh. The Lover's DICTIONARY. Meaning there will be lots of new words we may(or may never) heard before. So this is how the book works: the author will take a word, and tell his (in some cases, love, and others, not) story regarding that specific word. He'll relate the word la sng cerita. Now the tricky part is the words are somewhat complex, to put it in a way, the vocab is wide in this book. I had quite a difficulty with the vocab tbh lol. And that's pretty much there is to know about the book. It's a sweet read, tho. The only thing I'm not quite fond of is the fact that I don't know lots of the words that he used to tell his stories. I mean I'm really not the kind of reader yang sanggup just langgar and read on without actually find the meaning of the word that I don't get. So the funny(tak sangat kot) part was that from A words I just mcm go through la tak bukak dictionary then lama lama rasa mcm ugh I cannot do this so I used the dictionary per word. Then still rasa tak puas hati so by E words I started TO WRITE WHAT THEY MEANT, beside the given word. So that took more time la to read the book. And by O words I just mcm scanned through the book for unknown words, collected them, searched their meanings, wrote them beside the words given, and THEN only I continued to read from my current page, baru la I get the full effect of the book haha. And by that time I was already inlove jugak la with the book sbb earlier tak sangat rasa (maybe bc tak faham sgt the words idek) so there you go, to fully read this book, you would have to work a little. Ok la bukan a little, a lot jugak lolz. Tapi if you have a wide range of vocab, or you are capable of just reading through it without opening a dictionary then I salute you bc I'm jealous. So, that's that. You should give this book a try la if you're the hopeless romantic kind. I thought about rereading the book tapi mcm tak je I'm not sure I'm that rajin haha

Rating: 4/10 part awal sbb tak faham 7.5/10 part nak hbs sbb btl btl fahamkan haha.

p/s oh tak lama lagi nak raya, korg dah beli baju semua belum? :D

l8r

No comments: