Hallo! Sorry for the late update, promise the next few book updates will be up soon.
First thing first, this is a mighty fine book cover though? I mean the guy's pretty good looking if you ask me lol. Ok here we go:
Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises is a classic book, I mean it was written in the old days la you get what I'm trying to say kan. So bc of that, although the book is located at the bottom of my list, I choose the read it dulu bc I'm kinda scared it won't be good to me (ya what with The Great Gatsby) but tbh, it's actually a good read. I really love the way Hemingway wrote this book, I'm not sure if it's from the jazz era tapi the surrounding is like in Paris, and Spain and the characters are like rich english people who always drink wine and all the other alcohol stuff I mean it's really a different feel from what I usually read. And the way he writes it, oh so magical! Haha but really if you've been wondering how english people were like zaman dulu I really recommend you to read this book! Though the vocab is kind of impressive here, bc he used lots of slangs and informal words that I don't really know until I searched for it in the dictionary. And he also used a lot of foreign words as well, french, spanish ect.
Oh and if you're the kind of reader who indulges in scenery reading, this is the book for you! This book is filled with description of beautiful places, nature and surroundings that we're not really used to. He likes to, like panjangkan his story by explaining about the nature of the place the characters are in, so mcm in you're more like to "I just want to get to the point I don't really want to know about the lake where they fish or whatever" kind of reader then um.. you can still try to read it though.
As for the storyline, dia mcm byk travelling, ada drama but tak banyak sangat. I mean I do enjoy emotional scenes in books sometimes and this book lacks it kot? IMO la.
And it's not really a fairytale kind of book, mcm awal awal you expect the ending will be like what you wanted tapi it kinda isn't. I won't tell you the ending that's for you to find out yourself la haha.
Um, well. I wrote a lot jugak kan about this book. So I guess that's just it.
Rating: 6.5/10
____________________________
I'd been busy with homeworks la these few days, I mean real HOME works, bukan kerja sekolah, I have to clean the house and all sorts bc it's raya kan and cousins and aunts and uncles all like to visit my house and eat and talk and my other siblings weren't there to back me up so I was the one who rushed from kitchen to living room kemas and basuh pinggan and all so ya that's pretty much why I'm kinda... you know..... yea.... haha
orite l8r

No comments:
Post a Comment