Thursday, September 18, 2014

TSRQC #10: Dream New Dreams


So I finally got time again to restart reading and finish my TSRQC list (although I'm pretty sure it's already autumn now and not summer he he) and supposedly there's a post before this one, and it's a kinda like the normal kind and not another book review, so that's something to check out. If there isn't any post before this, then try looking for after this post haha. Ok moving on to this book review, leggo!

Dream New Dreams. This is not my first non-fiction book, but I haven't read a non-fiction since I dont know when! Bcs since like form three I've been focusing more on fictions bcs I like it when my brain triggers the imagination button. But yea this is a non-fiction book, about how a strong woman, rebuilt her life, after the loss of her husband due to pancreatic cancer. It's really a moving read if you ask me. I was so touched and almost wept in tears several times in public bcs of this book, truly moving. It's a really good mix of sad, and at the same time, uplifting. I mean this is no imagination book where the author "imagines" they went through trauma of hardship, this is the real deal, and it pretty much inspires people, and I was inspired quite a number of times too. I mean like I would know what to expect if some bad things were to happen to me la to put it in a way. All in all, it's a good read tapi it's pretty thick and ada some parts where I kinda doze off sikit but I still enjoyed the book nonetheless. Rating: 7/10

No comments: